Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Proof there are great Americans still out there

Michael said...

"Stevan, I want you to know that I am the one who marked this bill for the www.wheresgeorge.com website, I did not place any of the other marks on it. I am deeply sadden by the fact that one of my bills was defaced by a racist. I am truly sorry this happen to your grandson and yourself." November 26, 2008 4:32 AM

I just wanted to thank Michael for leaving these comments. It is proof that people are out there that really do want to see this horrible behavior of man eliminated. Thanks Michael, I was careful not to point a finger at you because I had a feeling that it wasn't you. Thank you for your reaffirmation that we must end this now.

Your comments had an instant effect and they are going to pay this sentiment forward to everyone willing to listen or read--that we aren't going to take it anymore.

Blogger BSH said...

"Wow. I think it is really spectacular that Michael has taken the time to remark on a bill he originally marked! This is a positive example of what can happen even in the midst of a bad scenario - here people who may never have known each other before are able to commiserate and come together in the shadow of an ignorant act. Thank you, Michael! And thank you Stevan for providing the opportunity for me to witness this exchange! I hope everyone has a warm Thanksgiving!" November 26, 2008 7:05 AM

This does show me (and should show all of you) that the Where's George program is an interesting tool to use to find out more than just where a $1 bill is from.


Thanks again to Michael and BSH for their comments.

No comments: